[Mageia-sysadm] Cleaning iurt svn

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Apr 15 12:17:12 CEST 2011

Hi,

while trying to fix the last python issue, I was looking at
adding /dev/shm in the iurt chroot. But I stumbled accross some various
stuff that would requires some inputs :

- is uiurt used ? grep -r tell me it doesn't, so maybe we could simply
erase it ( as this is a plain fork of the regular iurt )

- the makefile still reference mandriva on lots of place. WHile I have
nothing against this, but this could have unintended side effect, should
we adapt, or clean it ?

- the script iurt_cache_cleaner is also IMHO unused. Remove, clean,
adapt ?

- main script is called iurt2. There is no iurt script, what about
renaming it and just avoid useless confusion ?

- iurt.spec is now handled like the other, what about removing it ?

- Iurt/Utils.pm could be replaced by a external module, like
http://search.cpan.org/~ivan/Net-SCP-0.08/SCP.pm ? According to comment,
the issue could be when a computer is down and the lack of timeout.
Maybe we should check if this is still the case and if not, try to reuse
code from cpan ?

- the same goes for Iurt/Mail.pm, there is already more featured modules
on CPAN for that.