[Mageia-sysadm] changing binrepos

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 09:44:58 CEST 2011

On 13 July 2011 18:09, nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:
> So I think we could replace binrepos svn with something like this :
>
> - on valstar, a script to upload a file, accessed by ssh using "mgarepo
>  upload". The script saves all files in the same directory, using
>  sha1sum for the filename.

Er, could we at least use subdirectories[1] in order not to have metada
performance issues?
Just remember slowness on mdv SVN server due to all that many
files in one directory?

[1] subdirectory name would be the 2 first letters of the file name
     or the first 2 character of the MD5SUM of the file name for better
     distribution