[Mageia-sysadm] Decision needed on mgaapplet and adding Requires.

David W. Hodgins davidwhodgins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 22:16:40 CEST 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 11:27:52 -0400, Thierry Vignaud <thierry.vignaud at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think that's the right moment to reinvent a new way to
> do updates when we already know one.

This is why we need a decision from the sysadmin team.

We have some people saying, as you are, "stick with what works".

We also have packagers who are refusing to copy the added
dependencies to Updates Testing, then Updates.

The result is we are blocking updates, until this is resolved.

If the decision is to "stick with what works", then all packagers
must be willing to copy added dependencies to Updates Testing,
and have them included when pushed to Updates, and they must be
informed of the proper method of copying them.

If the decision is to modify mgaapplet, then we need to get that
done.

Either way, a decision is needed.