[Mageia-sysadm] new group created in ldap

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Feb 11 01:09:15 CET 2011

Le jeudi 10 février 2011 à 23:11 +0100, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2011, Michael Scherer wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have created the group mga-founders to hold the uid of founders.
> > Just FYI.
> >
> > Since we start to have lots of group, I suggest that we start using the
> > description attribute, to store information about the goal of each group
> > ( just checked the rfc, after thomas suggested ).
> >
> > Or should we also track this on the wiki ?
>
> I think a page generated from the infos in LDAP would be better, with
> the list of groups and their descriptions.
>
>  Instead of manually copying
> the same infos on the wiki.

The fact is we cannot put everything regarding groups in ldap.
For example, if we add what rights are given to what group ( ie, what
commit access, what procedure, etc ), should it be added in the
description ? The description is one line of text, so that's rather
short :/

> Maybe we could also have a page like this :
> http://www.debian.org/intro/organization

Yes, but IMHO this should be in catdap ( along with a profile page ).