[Mageia-sysadm] mediawiki

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Feb 17 02:09:32 CET 2011

Le dimanche 13 février 2011 à 16:48 +0100, Oliver Burger a écrit :
> Hi Sysadmins
>
> I have finally (almost) finished my work on mediawiki.
> I put it on the mandrivauser ftp for reviewing (and finishing it). Info
> below:
> ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/rpm/GPL/2010.2/SRPMS/release/mediawiki-1.16.1-2mud2010.2.src.rpm
>
> First: there is no ldap-extension in the package, since I don't know
> ldap.
> Second: the src.rpm creates two rpm packages, a normal mediawiki
> package and our multilingual one.
> We should somehow patch it so that normal mediawiki uses its own user
> registration tool and authentification while the mageia multilingual
> one should use catdap for registration and ldap for authentification...

Well, that's something that do not requires patching, as when the wiki
was choosed, ldap authentication was on the required feature list.

> A few notes:
> I added a few php scripts and one bash script. The bash script can be
> found in mediawiki's bin directory and is not accessible by the web
> server.
>
> What has to be done manually:
> - vhost has to be setup in webserver config pointing to
> /var/www/mediawiki/public/

What is the planned url ?
http://wiki.mageia.org/$code/ ?

> - my bash script has to be run once for creating the database
> template, note:
> my scripts are using a database naming schema of "prefix_<langcode>",
> the template is called "prefix_template1.

This would be imho clearer to use mediawiki_<langcode>. We do have
several application in the server, so it is easier to find who is who.

Also, why is the script in /var/www/ if it is not intended to accessed ?
Wouldn't /usr/bin be a better location ?

> - mediawiki's setup procedure has to be run once for creating the
> LocalSettings.php file. As database name enter the name of the template
> database. At the end of LocalSettings.php you have to add a line
> 	include 'LocalSettingsChanges.php';

If there is something to run after installation, it should be in the rpm
documentation ( not that people do read it, but at least we can tell
them this is there ).

I also think you should show the spec to shikamaru, as he will ikely
complain about "apache-mod_php" that prevent to use nginx :p

> - edit Languages.php and the languages arry in the bash-script (add
> all the languages you want) and rerun my bash script again for copying
> the template and thus creating the per language databases.

I personally would prefer to have our setup separated from the main
package. I maybe was not clear when we discussed about that, sorry. I
guess I will reuse your work for the setup still ( once I finish to
deploy forums ).