[Mageia-sysadm] mediawiki

Buchan Milne bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net
Thu Feb 17 16:32:33 CET 2011

On Thursday, 17 February 2011 12:40:51 Buchan Milne wrote:

> The rest of the settings for LDAPAuthentication.php should be as follows.
> Note that the option to pull preferences from LDAP includes the
> perferredLanguage attribute (which we currently set on registration, but
> the user is able to change it - we may want to try and constrain the
> values that can be put there in future).

How is language selection done, purely by visiting wiki.mageia.org/$lang, or
is there also automatic detection, or based on user's prefs?

BTW., regarding preferredLanguage:

# ldapsearch objectClass=inetOrgPerson preferredLanguage|awk -F ': '
'/^preferredLanguage/ {print $2}'|sort|uniq -c|sort -rn
SASL/EXTERNAL authentication started
SASL username: gidNumber=0+uidNumber=0,cn=peercred,cn=external,cn=auth
SASL SSF: 0
     44 fr
     36 en-us
     21 fr-fr
      9 en-gb
      8 es-es
      7 de-de
      6 ru-ru
      5 pt-br
      3 it-it
      3 fi-fi
      2 nl
      2 et-ee
      2 et
      2 es-ar
      2 en
      1 zh-tw
      1 zh-cn
      1 tr-tr
      1 sv-se
      1 sv
      1 ru
      1 pl-pl
      1 pl,en
      1 pl
      1 i-default
      1 fr-FR
      1 fr en ro
      1 fr-be
      1 fi
      1 es-pe
      1 en-en
      1 el
      1 de-ch
      1 cs-cz
      1 cs
      1 ca
      1 af

AFAICT, the following values listed above may be problematic:
- en-us
- fr-fr
- es-es
- de-de
- ru-ru
- it-it
- fi-fi
- et-ee
- es-ar
- tr-tr

I guess I should filter these out, and replace with en,fr,es,ru,it,fi,et,es,tr
? I will fix the wrong ones in LDAP later.

Regards,
Buchan