[Mageia-sysadm] mediawiki

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Thu Feb 17 20:22:39 CET 2011

Le jeudi 17 février 2011 à 20:42 +0200, Buchan Milne a écrit :
> On Thursday, 17 February 2011 17:56:23 Michael Scherer wrote:
> > Le jeudi 17 février 2011 à 17:32 +0200, Buchan Milne a écrit :
> > > On Thursday, 17 February 2011 12:40:51 Buchan Milne wrote:
> > >       1 i-default
>
> I've added some debug logging (see patch below).
>
> Firefox, to which I have added a number of languages, shows:
>
> [info] Languages: en-za,en-gb,en-us,en,af,nl,i-default, default: af, saving:
> en-za
>
> (So, in this case, the interface is displayed in Afrikaans ... I guess I need
> to create at least 3 English translations - en, en_us, en_gb)
>
> Chromium with default language settings shows:
>
> [info] Languages: en-gb,en-us,en,i-default, default: en, saving: en-gb
>
> So, I can imagine a case where it is the only language listed. In this case, I
> think we should either not set preferredLanguage, or set it to en.

I would set it to en. Not setting a default one just push the decision
of using default on every consumer of the information, and that doesn't
sound good.

> > >       1 es-pe
> > >       1 cs-cz
> >
> > Theses 3 one are likely wrong ( according to IANA registry )
>
> Do you have a URL handy?

http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry

Fact is there is several registry of language ( like 6 iso standards +
ietf one ), so people can easily have it wrong ( not to mention people
who get it wrong with tld and country )

> > > I guess I should filter these out, and replace with
> > > en,fr,es,ru,it,fi,et,es,tr ? I will fix the wrong ones in LDAP later.
> >
> > How can we enforce correct entry ? Should we maybe have a whitelist, and
> > receive a monthly mail about wrong one ?
>
> May be a good idea. Or, we could use slapo-constraint (with regex, or dynamic
> list in LDAP)

We could feed the list from the one of tx
( http://www.transifex.net/languages/ but in a more exploitable, I
assume this can be downloaded somewhere ).

> Maybe we should also compare to what localisation teams we have (or don't
> have), and indicate to users whose preferred languages isn't localised that
> they could contribute in that way.

Yup, nice idea. I was also about to think how we should manage i18n team
in ldap, and if this is needed. This would requires to have the
delegation feature working in catdap ( not sure of the status of this ).