[Mageia-sysadm] new logical volume on alamut

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Feb 21 21:08:22 CET 2011

Le lundi 21 février 2011 à 20:27 +0100, Dexter Morgan a écrit :
> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:

> >> i mentioned it before, but if you know nagios, you should look into omd
> >> http://omdistro.org (which started as check_mk nagios plugins for faster
> >> configuration, and is now more or less a nagios fork, except it's not forked, i
> >> think).
> >>
> >> the check_mk part just means it's alot less work to configure nagios.
> >
> > I see no rpm for that, and I am far from being fond of having something
> > that act like a package but that is not a package, be it ruby gems,
> > python egg, or module for nagios.
> >
> > And well, I do not think that nagios is a pain to configure ( especially
> > with puppet ).
> >
> > --
> > Michael Scherer
>
> first ( nagios or not ) we should fil a page of what we need to be
> sure that the person that will acueve this task will not forget any
> thing .

Yup.

To be able to check :
- daemons that are running ( to avoid the problem with sympa )
- check that website do not answer 500 or 404
- check various metrics ( disk space is important, swap is too )
- check ports are open on the server

Ideally, to be able to run custom scripts, but I think they all do.

For alerting, I assume that a email sent to sysadmin should be enough,
as we do not have anything more sophisticated.

And of course, packaged, etc.
A plus if it supported having configuration file inclusions.