[Mageia-sysadm] [Mageia-webteam] Forum installation (almost) complete

Maât maat-ml at vilarem.net
Wed Feb 23 18:42:44 CET 2011

Le 23/02/2011 13:56, Romain d'Alverny a écrit :
> Le 23 févr. 2011 à 13:12, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> a écrit :
>> phpbb-seo modifie the code of phpbb directly for integration.
>>
>> See the git snapshot ( git://git.mageia.org/forum/ using a git client,
>> and grep -r -i seo ). So the question is "what is the license of the
>> resulting file, as it mix 2 incompatibles licenses". I am pretty sure
>> that the GPL forbid such mix ( as this is the reason of the creation of
>> LGPL ).
> Unless we don't redistribute it. But the RPL seems to require redistribution of the code?

Asked to phpbb guys... as GPL is viral and as phpbb-seo works only with phpbb and relies on it the mod should probably have been licensed under GPL V2 (TANL & IANAL)

(I guess FSF would be rather upsed with licensing issues like this one)

>> 2 questions :
>> 1) who is volunteer to contact upstream ?
> I pay him/her a beer!

Mail sent...

...You owe me a beer :o)

...but i don't have the answer yet :-/

>> 2) what do we do in the meantime ?
> Keep the patch separate and deploy without seo? Or is it too complex?
>

> Romain

With and without seo the forums urls would be very different.

If we start without it (which is possible with a little bit of cleaning on code and database) we loose nice looking urls and easy google indexing (and hence people finding easily our pages)...

Stay tuned,

Maât