[Mageia-sysadm] Rejecting built packages because of a dot at the end of summary is stupid

Ahmad Samir ahmadsamir3891 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 05:19:58 CET 2011

All in the subject.

http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/rejected/cauldron/core/release/20110225035855.ahmad.valstar.10982.youri

This is a waste of time, cpu cycles and HD space. A dot at the end of
the summary isn't going to kill the package, cause the user's CPU to
explode or cause an eclipse.

There're much more horrible things in packages, a package doesn't get
rejected when there's no:
- defattr macro for a sub-package
- a typo in the used defattr (e.g. gnome-python-desktop)
- with unversioned obsoletes or provides

BUT is rejected:
- when there's a dot at the end of a summary

This is not logical, and doesn't make one iota of sense, to me at least.

Another issue, this is a new change, i.e. it doesn't exist in mdv?
because when I run rpmlint on the src.rpm locally this issue isn't
detected.

Last thing, clicking any "rejected" link in pkgsubmit.mageia.org gives
a "wrong link" error (I had to dig in
http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/rejected/cauldron/core/release
manually to get the log).

--