[Mageia-sysadm] [678] Do not request @mageia.org packager address for now

Thomas Backlund tmb at iki.fi
Thu Jan 6 16:39:15 CET 2011

Michael Scherer skrev 6.1.2011 16:49:
> Le jeudi 06 janvier 2011 à 16:23 +0200, Thomas Backlund a écrit :
>
>>> -                packager: '<\S+@<%= escaped_domain %>>$'
>>> +              #  packager: '<\S+@<%= escaped_domain %>>$'
>>
>> What stops us from starting to give out @mageia.org aliases ?
>
> Mainly decide who get mageia.org alias.
>
> IE, who decide who get alias. Are people who open a account on identity,
> people who get promoted, etc ?

Well, I'd suggest:
founders should definately use @mageia.org
marketing should definately use @mageia.org
bugzilla/triage team should use @mageia.org
forum admins/moderators should use @mageia.org

packagers should use @mageia.org, that way we can enforce the packager
above for all packages going through BS

For the other contributors that get svn access (translators/web/...)
they could also have the alias (this could be optional, but preferred).

For those that only register on identity to get on the forums or to
report a bug, no alias (unless requested and promoted maybe)

> For the rest, the configuration is commented and ready to be deployed
> ( after being tested )

I'd say to enable this for founders now so we can test it, and on next
founders meeting we could decide if the above suggestion for the rest is ok.

--
Thomas