[Mageia-sysadm] [678] Do not request @mageia.org packager address for now

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 18:54:44 CET 2011

Op donderdag 06 januari 2011 17:28:48 schreef Michael Scherer:
> Le jeudi 06 janvier 2011 à 17:39 +0200, Thomas Backlund a écrit :
> > Michael Scherer skrev 6.1.2011 16:49:

> > > Mainly decide who get mageia.org alias.
> > >
> > > IE, who decide who get alias. Are people who open a account on
> > > identity, people who get promoted, etc ?
> >
> > Well, I'd suggest:
> > founders should definately use @mageia.org
> > marketing should definately use @mageia.org
> > bugzilla/triage team should use @mageia.org
> > forum admins/moderators should use @mageia.org
>
> Most of the time, that requires to know who is in the team. Ie that the
> team is created and formalized, at least in ldap side.
> And that's not the case for a lot of them.
>
> > packagers should use @mageia.org, that way we can enforce the packager
> > above for all packages going through BS
>
> yup.
> On the other hand, since people cannot upload without using the account,
> the email issue is purely cosmetic, and set by the BS.
>
> > For the other contributors that get svn access (translators/web/...)
> > they could also have the alias (this could be optional, but preferred).
>
> We do have a long list of
> team :http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=start :)
>
> > For those that only register on identity to get on the forums or to
> > report a bug, no alias (unless requested and promoted maybe)
>
> well, then, this requires that
> 1) each team to be formalized and created, with admission process ( ie,
> most are not, so far, we have sysadmin, ml_moderators, packagers,
> commiters
>
> And it would be nice to have the delegation for team membership in
> catdap work ( so far, it is untested )
>
> > > For the rest, the configuration is commented and ready to be deployed
> > > ( after being tested )
> >
> > I'd say to enable this for founders now so we can test it, and on next
> > founders meeting we could decide if the above suggestion for the rest is
> > ok.
>
> Then founders must create a account on catdap. I would rather postpone
> this for council/board creation, because not everybody seems active, and
> I rather keep account for active people.
>
> And we need to also discuss on the policy for account expiration. Ie,
> how long do people keep the alias after leaving the project ?
>
> But I think you can add to whoever will do the agenda for next meeting
> to discuss this :)
>
> IMHO, that's a project that would requires someone to manage and follow.

i think it's not a bad idea to use ldap groups for the teams and email alias
could be given automatically on basis of those chosen ldap groups

i see on longer term people registering in catdap; requesting group membership
for a team; and someone from the team leaders to add that person to the ldap
group. with no sysadmin intervention.