[Mageia-sysadm] [249] commit implement forgot_password patch from Maarten Vanraes

Maarten Vanraes maarten.vanraes at gmail.com
Sat Jan 8 02:20:33 CET 2011

Op zaterdag 08 januari 2011 00:39:30 schreef Romain d'Alverny:
> Hi all,
>
> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 00:20,  <root at mageia.org> wrote:
> > Revision 249 Author rda Date 2011-01-08 00:20:14 +0100 (Sat, 08 Jan 2011)
> >
> > Log Message
> >
> > commit implement forgot_password patch from Maarten Vanraes
> > [...]
>
> I merged and committed Maarten patches (249 & 248) after a (too) quick
> review, into trunk. I would appreciate a second-hand, more thorough
> review; I know that it should have been before merging, but this patch
> had been waiting for some time, had been rearranged several times to
> adapt to trunk changes, and was needed before identity could be really
> used by a larger population. And I needed to reset my password.
>
> So if there's someone to bash, that's me! \o/
>
> Maarten tells me that the service would need to be restarted after
> identity-trunk sync.
>
> As a side note, we should define further how live and trunk branches
> are supposed to be used/to interact.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Romain

it currently seems to fail at the last point, the actual changing of
passwords,

I believe the server log file might give more info, however, the type of error
looks like a runtime syntax error or something similar. perhaps some local
modifications are messing it up (locally: the exact svn code works perfectly).
or the ldap user doesn't have rights to actually change other peoples
password.