[Mageia-sysadm] Wiki setup

Oliver Burger oliver.bgr at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 9 21:32:38 CET 2011

"Romain d'Alverny" <rdalverny at gmail.com> schrieb am 2011-01-09
<molch.b at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > 2011/1/9 Oliver Burger <oliver.bgr at googlemail.com>:
> >> I'm exploring the multilingual setup (including scripts for easy
> >> adding of additional languages if necessary).
> >> I've done a demo setup on a local machine, but before I'm going
> >> any further, I'd like to know which approach to follow.
> >> Using e.g. "wiki.mageia.org/de" or "de.wiki.mageia.org" for the
> >> German wiki?
> >
> > I'd go for the pattern that is mostly used on the net:
> > "name.tld/<language>", as we already see it with
> > "blog.mageia.org/en"
>
> Yes. And we would use wiki.mageia.org for either a locale
> negotatied redirection, or a summary of all existing wikis.

And on further consideration. It's easier to add languages cause you
don't need to change anything in apache/dns config as you would have to
using sub domains.
Didn't think about that!

So I'll use name.tld/<language> and write some script for adding
languages. Should be done till web team meeting.

Oliver
Oliver