[Mageia-sysadm] Wiki setup

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 00:24:18 CET 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 00:04, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> And the downside is that you will have one and only one server for wiki,
> no way to split among many server ( as noted by Benoit Audouard ).

There would be ways to do so, if needed (front prox[y|ies] with
rewrite/redirection rules to name one).

The question is, do we need to plan today for this kind of scaling issue?

> Now, what I would want to see is :
> 1) who decide the language that goes ( because someone has to decide, I
> do not think that media is so flexible that anybody can start here own
> language, and if there

That would be a wiki team (that is a mix of i18n and doc team I
guess?). Against a specific policy (like, having a sufficient list of
involved-enough people to take care of a newly open wiki locale).

> 2)  How many database do we need ( ie, creation of 1 big db, or several
> smaller one ).

1 per language.

> 3) is this : 1 big wiki instance, or several smaller one ?

Depends how you set it up. @ Mandriva, we had a single code instance,
and small custom config files (1 per locale).

> Do we ever plan to have wiki not linked to language content ? ( like per
> team wiki, or that will be section on the english one ? )

I did not understand this one. :)

> I guess I can also take for granted that we will not manage 1 set of
> extension per language ?

Same codebase for every locale if possible (that's achievable).

Cheers,

Romain