[Mageia-sysadm] Starting packages import in Mageia svn

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Tue Jan 11 18:32:13 CET 2011

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011, Thierry Vignaud wrote:

> On 11 January 2011 18:01, nicolas vigier <boklm at mars-attacks.org> wrote:
> > After thinking more about this, I think I agree that it would be much
> > better to run it on alamut. Especially if using a SQL database for
> > packages status.
> >
> > Maybe once BS is ready, we can work on updating tools to use a database,
> > and migrate the web interface on alamut at that time ?
>
> That sounds like a the way to go

Actually after talking with blino, he thinks using a database for
packages status is not such a good idea :

"we don't need a database, that will only make everything more complex
for little advantage..."

One advantage is that it's easier to access from an other host (better
than nfs export I think). But I don't know if that's enough.