[Mageia-sysadm] Setup for rabbit

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Wed Jan 12 15:42:53 CET 2011

Le mercredi 12 janvier 2011 à 14:53 +0100, nicolas vigier a écrit :
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, Michael Scherer wrote:
>

> > And rm as sudo, mhhh
> >

> > What about setting a vm for that ?
> >
> > People getting root on a scratch isolated vm with no interaction would
> > be ok I guess.
>
> As this server will only be used for ISO generation, and only a limited
> number of people will have access to it, I think it's ok.

if we let only a very limited subset of people, with a high trust level,
we may have a exception, but that should be a exception, so slippery
slope.

So far, the list is : sysadmin + ennael and blino, so that should be
fine. But in the future, I would prefer to have less direct interaction
if this involves extended sudo rights.

> If we want to use the server for something else later, we can easily
> reinstall it as it's a dedibox.

We could reinstall if we make sure everything is properly puppetified
( to ease migration ). Ennael promised me to write a doc :)

Now, what if we want to use it for iso and something else, since the
server will be idle most of the time ?