[Mageia-sysadm] [321] add progress percent + invitation to help ( links to packaging wiki page)

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 18:31:37 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 18:19, Thierry Vignaud
<thierry.vignaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 January 2011 18:03,  <root at mageia.org> wrote:
>> Revision 321 Author rda Date 2011-01-19 18:03:00 +0100 (Wed, 19 Jan 2011)
>>
>> Log Message
>>
>> add progress percent + invitation to help (links to packaging wiki page)
>
> this is bogus anyway since it's the percent of packages _submitted_,
> not _successfully build_ which is quite different...

Well, the sentence reads: "1455 src.rpm rebuilt for Mageia out of 1513
(96%) (list of 58 Mandriva packages still present). You can help!."

I understand it as, 1455 successfully rebuilt, on 1513 submitted at
least once (and 58 left to be submitted). If this is wrong, please
correct me and specify what should be said instead.

The main goal is to show two types of progress:
 - packages left to take a hold on;
 - packages left to be built and uploaded in the tree;

and to give a hint for page viewers that, if they do not already, they
may contribute to this.

All of this is of relative value, but that's a first try.

Romain