[Mageia-sysadm] [Mageia-webteam] Forum VM needs

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sun Jan 23 10:32:02 CET 2011

Le jeudi 13 janvier 2011 à 13:29 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :

> So @sysadmins, where do we host this ( for temporary creation and setup
> until MLO do it ) :
>
> 10 g of disk ( let's say 20 )
> 4 to 6 g of ram
> ( and I guess 1 or cpu ).
>
> Alamut ?
>

> In term of network, do we use a reverse proxy, or do we ask for a ip to
> LO. I would suggest a reverse proxy, easier to setup ( and no fiddling
> with bridge ).
>

> What virt technology ?
>
> I am quite biased in favor of libvirtd + kvm + virt-manager, as this is
> supported by upstream and redhat, but maybe other have different
> experiences.

Ok since no one answered this, I took the liberty of using libvirtd on
alamut. I will add a lvm partition for /var/lib/libvirt/images/, and
drop some boot.iso of mandriva on it, to install friteuse_tmp, until MLO
is ready.

Specs : 20g of disk
simple nat + reverse proxy
4g of ram ( we will add more if the temporary is longer than needed )
2 processor for the vm ( as they are shared )