[Mageia-sysadm] [Mageia-webteam] Forum VM needs

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sun Jan 23 14:53:14 CET 2011

Le dimanche 23 janvier 2011 à 10:57 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le dimanche 23 janvier 2011 à 10:32 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> > Le jeudi 13 janvier 2011 à 13:29 +0100, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> >
> > > So @sysadmins, where do we host this ( for temporary creation and setup
> > > until MLO do it ) :
> > >
> > > 10 g of disk ( let's say 20 )
> > > 4 to 6 g of ram
> > > ( and I guess 1 or cpu ).
> > >
> > > Alamut ?
> > >

> > > In term of network, do we use a reverse proxy, or do we ask for a ip to
> > > LO. I would suggest a reverse proxy, easier to setup ( and no fiddling
> > > with bridge ).
> > >

> > > What virt technology ?
> > >
> > > I am quite biased in favor of libvirtd + kvm + virt-manager, as this is
> > > supported by upstream and redhat, but maybe other have different
> > > experiences.
> >
> > Ok since no one answered this, I took the liberty of using libvirtd on
> > alamut. I will add a lvm partition for /var/lib/libvirt/images/, and
> > drop some boot.iso of mandriva on it, to install friteuse_tmp, until MLO
> > is ready.
>
> Of course, libvirt on mdv is not working as well as it did on RH, and so
> the network is broken. I am gonna do a backport to see if this help.

So :
- iptables is required by libvirt, so there is a missing requires. Like
1 hour of fun debbuging to found out the exact issue.

- I found out after upgrading qemu and libvirtd ( so again 1 hour of fun
to rebuild on mdv cluster without success )

- kernel-server do not work in qemu, for some reason. Again, 1 hour of
fun to found out.

Current status : server is booting.

Soon to be puppetified and installed. ( and kinda documented too )