[Mageia-sysadm] Starting to clean the mess of web services

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Fri Jan 28 16:24:00 CET 2011

Hi,

as there is a growing number of external tools used all around the
project for official stuff in some form of anarchy ( the last one I
discovered today is dlvr.it ), I propose that we add on the wiki the
list of services used, and who has the password, who created it, etc.

Later, we should ensure that enough people have the password to prevent
catastrophic bus error or what happened to the Mandriva twitter account.

And we should better find a way to not have to rely on member memories
( or "save on my computer" checkbox for question of reliability,
security, etc, and password management ( like not having to distribute
to a unspecified list of people ).

For example, for flickr, we could imagine some kind of system where
pictures are first uploaded temporarily on our server , and then pushed
to flickr. So people do not have to use a shared account and we know who
did what, who is active, etc.

So the first step for that is to list the service used, it is fast, and
who currently know the password, I started the list on the wiki :

http://mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=sysadmin#list_of_webservices_password