[Mageia-sysadm] changing binrepos

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Jul 15 14:46:44 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Sander Lepik at 15/07/11 07:14 did gyre and gimble:
> 15.07.2011 00:32, Colin Guthrie kirjutas:
>>
>> Just to be sure, why not make the file name "sha1sum-size", that way
>> you're massively decreasing the likelihood of an sha1sum clash.
>>
>> Col
>>
> Or %{name}-sha1sum - easy to search by package if needed.

Nah, because that way, things that share sources (such as different
kernel packages) would not be able to get disk-space (on server side)
saving benefits and also some packages (I presume you intended %{name}
to be the one from the spec?) will have multiple binary sources.

But now I think about it, if 2+ packages do share the same binary, how
do we know it's OK to actually delete the binary from the binrepos? We'd
have to check every single packages sha1.lst file to see if it used
it... that doesn't sound ideal....

Col

--

Colin Guthrie