[Mageia-sysadm] perl modules shipped by mageia - db hosted on mageia servers?

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 11:26:48 CEST 2011

hi,

On 11/07/08 15:37 +0200, Michael Scherer wrote:
> Le vendredi 08 juillet 2011 à 14:50 +0200, Jerome Quelin a écrit :
> > i've updated module::packaged::generator to support mageia (among a lot
> > of other improvements). it creates a sqlite database with all perl
> > modules available in mageia, with their version and the rpm package
> > holding the module. the package to install is (only available on
> > cauldron) perl-Module-Packaged-Generator-1.111.890-1.mga2
>
> Then we need a backport to 2010.2, or wait until we upgrade to mageia
> 2  :)

it should be available in contrib/backports

> The rest should be quite easy once the package is backported ( and
> tested ).

can you (or someone else) please  have a look to previous msg to get the
correct invocation and report if it works?

> > once this is scheduled, please let me know the refresh rate and the url
> > where resulting file can be downloaded. the url doesn't need to be sexy
> > or short or whatever - it will be hidden in a perl module responsible
> > for automatic mirroring.
>
> I guess once per day, on pkgcpan.mageia ?
> ( I prefer to have descriptive domain name for the sack of self
> documentation, so do not hesitate if you have a better one, ie something
> that clearly tell what purpose it serve ).

you mean pkgcpan.mageia.org?
maybe that's a bit too restrictive to use a subdomain per need. i
propose sthg such as:

    perl.mageia.org/files/
    perl.mageia.org/pkgcpan/
    www.mageia.org/perl/

having a perl.mageia.org might be a good idea. this might even motivate
me to work on some perl on mageia advertisement... but later on! :-)

thanks,
jérôme