[Mageia-sysadm] Cleaning orphans from the mirrors

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Jul 19 17:28:09 CEST 2011

Le mardi 19 juillet 2011 à 11:15 -0300, Carlos Carvalho a écrit :
> What does move mean exactly?

I guess the question is "what file do you intend to move, and from where
to where". The idea is to remove file from the mirror, and to place them
in some directory where sysadmin can restore them if needed, and clean
this directory later.

> I ask because just moving forces another
> full download on mirrors.

Usually, that's around 1 package per week, at most. We do have a rather
important backlog for now http://check.mageia.org/missing.html after 2
months, and that's like 500 m packages.

Anyway, this doesn't concern mirrors at all.

> If that's what you plan it should be done by
> hardlinking first, later removing the original name.
>
> PS: the view=log link shows no diffs for me.

Click on "view". There is one single revision, as I wrote the script
before committing.