[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Wed Mar 2 19:47:51 CET 2011

On Wed, 02 Mar 2011, Tux99 wrote:

> I don't agree at all, I like it as it is currently with no email address
> and only the nickname.
>
> Email addresses will get harvested by spam-bots (has happened to me already
> on MDV rpms I published in a third party repo).
>
> Users should contact packagers vis email, they should file a bug report or
> post a mail to the ML, I would certainly not want to get direct mails by
> users!

Having his email in changelog doesn't mean users will automatically
contact packagers. I don't think we should hide email addresses.
Contacting someone without using bugzilla or mailing lists can be useful
in some cases.

> With regards to real names, not everybody likes to publically use their
> real name on the internet, I certainly don't like it.

Those people should not set their real name on their account.

> Mandriva was a company so that was a different situation. In a lot of FOSS
> projects all contributors are only known by their nicknames so that's
> common practice.
>
> At the very least each packager should be able to decide him/herself if
> they want their real name or their nickname to appear in the rpm
> changelogs.

Letting everybody decide whether they want their name or only their
nickname to be displayed is not very simple. But people can choose their
name when they create their account on identity.