[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

Tux99 tux99-mga at uridium.org
Thu Mar 3 05:41:57 CET 2011

Quote: nicolas vigier wrote on Thu, 03 March 2011 04:04

> If you don't want your name to be published, you should probably not
> open an account with that name. Your name and email will also be
> published
> if you post a message on bugzilla using your identity account. Or
> should
> we remove names and emails from Bugzilla ?

Then you need to make at least the 'sn' field optional in the Mageia
identity web interface so it can be left blank instead of being forced to
fill it with nonsense.

> I don't think adding options everywhere to hide packagers name and
> email
> is a priority. If you don't want to receive any email, if you don't
> want
> anyone to be able to contact you, you should probably not be a
> packager.

I never said I don't want to be contacted, I said I don't want to be
contacted by users directly via private email, that's a big difference. In
fact I explicitly mentioned the appropriate channel that users can use to
contact packagers.

I don't think this attitude of yours is very helpful, you distort what I
said and ignore my suggestions for solutions and completely ignore to move
this debate to the dev ML so that other packagers are aware of it and can
comment on it.

--
Mageia ML Forum Gateway: http://mageia.linuxtech.net/forum/