[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 15:46:36 CET 2011

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 15:36, Tux99 <tux99-mga at uridium.org> wrote:
> Quote: rdalverny wrote
>> I said it before, as for me, besides trusting the person based on her
>> actions, I would not mentor someone that:
>> * does not want to be identified by something else than a pseudo,
>> * and does not want to be directly reachable through a common contact
>> mean (email here).
>
> I keep repeating myself (since you don't seem to be reading my mails), I
> already said that I use my real name in private emails (with you or my
> mentor or anyone else), it's in public that I use my alias.

And you neither read that this still bothers me (and that it matters
for little as long as it's me). There's no discussion about that, it's
as much a personal preference as it is one for you not to use your
name in public. :-)

>>  - you had more than the time to open the discussion on -dev yourself.
>
> Come don't be polemic for the sake of it, I'm not the one who wants to
> change things,

You seem not to be aware that it was only a change because it was not
yet configured at all. And you may not be aware that it's common
practice, again, to have ones name+email in changelogs. Still... I
guess the discussion will help with regard to the privacy policy.

> it's not up to me to open a discussion about a change that
> others want to implement.

It is yours (or anybody else's) to raise issues when you see them
appear; or to let others the time to do it but withouth nagging them.

Anyway. Discussion open on -dev, views getting in and we'll see what
comes out of it. Let's move on.

Romain