[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 4 12:42:13 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 11:45, Buchan Milne <bgmilne at staff.telkomsa.net> wrote:
> E.g., I would like to see us shipping something like CatDap in the distribution, to make it easier for organisations to implement LDAP directories on Mageia.

Yep.

> Yes, there is a lot of work to do for that, but it already provides some value, and I am currently investigating how to most easily tie it into some other internal web interfaces at $work to provide a web interface for user management (that until now has been using commandline-based LDAP tools, ad-hoc CGIs and some other perl scripts in cron).

But ad-hoc CGIs or web app for a particular organization (ours) is
good too and can serve as an experimental use case (I just say that
for mid/long term work that I can think of, having no way to put them
in prod at this time: the use-case of setting up/managing LDAP
directories is different - not exclusive - from the one to provide
users a panel of their ids, credentials and activities).

Romain