[Mageia-sysadm] [RPM] cauldron core/release tagtool-0.12.3-2.mga1

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Mar 4 20:17:35 CET 2011

On Thu, 03 Mar 2011, Michael Scherer wrote:

> > > Not yet. What about the day someone will propose to use gpg and the web
> > > of trust ( who is currently based on checking ID card ) for some stuff ?
> >
> > If we decide one day that we require signed gpg key, then we can discuss
> > that day the details of what kind of signatures we require. Today we
> > don't require anything like this. But it's possible to sign key without
> > checking ID card. GPG signature doesn't necessarily mean "this personn
> > has this official name", it can also mean "this is the real owner of
> > this email, and owner of this non-official name".
>
> That's why I said "what if we use gpg _and_ the web of trust". Of
> course, gpg alone do not requires this. The current system of web of
> trust does.
>
> So while we do not do now, I wanted to highlight this would be something
> to keep in mind.
>
> > > Problem is asking for Last name/First name.
> > >
> > > Identity.m.o  will be used almost everywhere, like for example on the
> > > forum.
> > >
> > > Some people may find invasive to give Last name/First name especially
> > > for posting on a forum when compared to all others ( I checked several
> > > french forums, none requires giving anything except a email and a
> > > login ).
> >
> > Many forums require a username, and a display name.
>
> I gave examples of those that do not requires anything when being
> subscribed ( and later ), so I would appreciate that you give at least
> one example ( cause all I tested didn't seems to mandate this on
> registering ).
>
> Likely all of them propose to have a display name, none do requires it
> ( ie, using login is fine, not filling the vcard is fine too ).

All forums using IPBoard seems to require a display name. For example :
http://community.invisionpower.com/index.php?app=core&module=global&section=register&coppa_user=&termsread=1&coppa_pass=1

> > If you open an
> > account on linuxfr for instance, you need to enter a login name, and a
> > full name (which doesn't have to be your real name).
>
> Sorry to contradict you, but that's not required when subscribing :
> https://linuxfr.org/compte/inscription
>
> ( note that maybe this changed for the new version 2 weeks ago )
>
> You can set a display name later ( and yes, the new interface now ask
> for "first name/last name", I do not remind the old one ), but IIRC you
> do not need to set it. That's the whole point, you are not forced ( or
> at least, it was like this before ).

Yes it seems I was wrong. I saw it in the settings and assumed it was
asked when creating the account but it is not.