[Mageia-sysadm] Various sympa woes

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 09:04:01 CET 2011

On Fri, Mar 11, 2011 at 02:29, Michael Scherer <misc at zarb.org> wrote:
> 2nd issue, email. If someone change email in catdap, he is basically
> screwed on sympa side, and admins must change it. As i suspect people
> will soon start to use new aliases, we should maybe start to think of
> it.

There's no way to tell sympa to rely on some other primary key than
the email address?

(if so, to be consistent, first issue would be solved as: not allowing
subscription without having an identity account - hence making
identity aware of mailing-lists to ease the subscription process).

(if not, ... that looks tricky - or to decouple totally sympa from
ldap, but that's not an option anymore)

Romain