[Mageia-sysadm] mediawiki

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Mar 11 18:05:49 CET 2011

On Sun, 13 Feb 2011, Oliver Burger wrote:

> Hi Sysadmins
>
> I have finally (almost) finished my work on mediawiki.
> I put it on the mandrivauser ftp for reviewing (and finishing it). Info
> below:
> ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.de/rpm/GPL/2010.2/SRPMS/release/mediawiki-1.16.1-2mud2010.2.src.rpm

Hello,

Thanks for uploading this package. I have looked at the latest version.

If I understood correctly, what is provided by this package is :
 - standard mediawiki sources
 - LdapAuthentication plugin
 - Renameuser plugin
 - a mediawiki config file that is looking at the URL to see the
   language selected, and change config variables for the database
   according to the selected language in the URL
 - an index file for the root directory to redirect to the language
   selected in HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE
 - create-db.sh script to create the database for each language

As the source for mediawiki does not need to be modified, I think we
don't need to make a specific package for Mageia setup. It would
be better to use a standard media wikipackage (that we also include on
mageia repository, so it can be useful for other people, and other
people can help maintain it). And different packages for the mediawiki
plugins. And use puppet to deploy the mediawiki config file, the apache
vhost, and to deploy and run the script to create the database.

For the script to create the database, it should not be interactive as
we will run it from puppet. It can use variables at the top of the
script that we can update with puppet.

Package should also follow web applications packaging policies :
http://www.mageia.org/wiki/doku.php?id=web_applications_policy
So it should :
 - install mediawiki files in /usr/share/mediawiki
 - install mediawiki config file in /etc/mediawiki/