[Mageia-sysadm] @mageia.org aliases

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Mar 14 14:43:01 CET 2011

 On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 10:08:11 +0000, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> Awesome!!!
>
> Just a quick question before I update every account in existence to
> use
> this new email address......
>
> Should I just start now with colin@ and stick with it, or will we be
> introducing "fuller" email addresses (as I'd hope, in time we'd have
> >1
> "colin" working on Mageia!) such as colin.guthrie@ or cguthrie@ or
> similar?
>
> I am quite happy with colin@ (as I appreciate there can only be one
> "colin" as a username, and I've got dibs :D), but figured I'd ask
> here
> first just in case fuller aliases are considered "nicer" (as they
> avoid
> confusion as to which colin you are sending to and aids transparency,
> especially when contributing to other, upstream projects - although
> this
> issue may touch on the "use real names" topic that was raised not
> long ago).

 So far, nothing was planned to have more complete alias. I would
 personnaly be against
 as :
 - it requires more work
 - we cannot garantee uniqueness of anything so far ( ie, what if there
 is 2
 colin guthrie in the database )
 - it doesn't seems to be a big problem given the fact that most free
 software
 project work like this.