[Mageia-sysadm] Deploying updated packages on buildsystem

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Fri Mar 18 19:57:32 CET 2011

Hello,

Sometimes we need to deploy updated packages on the buildsystem, for
instance for youri, iurt, mgarepo, rpmlint, puppet or others ...

At the moment we rebuild the package somewhere and install it manually.
Or sometimes don't rebuild the package but only copy the modified files
(for mdv-youri-submit for instance).

I think it would be convenient to have a repository where we can submit
packages using the build system, and enable this repository on all
the servers.

Unfortunatly, we are still using Mandriva 2010.1 on the servers, so it
is more complicate. What we can do :
 - Make this repository based on mandriva 2010.1 on the build system
 - Make this repository based on cauldron on the build system, and use
   it on our servers running 2010.1. Some packages will not work because
   of different version of python or perl or other dependency.
   But we can still use it for youri and rpmlint-mageia-policy, and
   rebuild/install the others manually.
 - Don't do it now and wait until we migrated the servers to Mageia

Or other ideas ?