[Mageia-sysadm] Fwd: [Mageia-discuss] new mirror in South America

Carlos Carvalho carlos at fisica.ufpr.br
Wed May 4 20:03:23 CEST 2011

Romain d'Alverny (rdalverny at gmail.com) wrote on 4 May 2011 19:29:
 >thanks for providing a mirror there!
 >
 >> I've registered our mirror in the database on April 28.
 >
 >It doesn't seem to appear on http://mirrors.mageia.org/ . Did you get
 >a confirmation or error message while doing so? (we'll investigate).

Nothing. I expected that the admins would register it.

 >> I request access to the master rsync.mageia.org. For the
 >> initialization I used Jussieu but we want to be tier 1 and update from
 >> the master directly.
 >
 >sysadmin guys are going to handle that as soon as they can.

There's another problem: I first tried to subscribe to
mirrors-announce, which seems to be the apropriate list, but it
failed. I've just sent this message to the owners:

To: mirrors-announce-request at ml.mageia.org
Subject: no password received

I subscribed to this list by visiting
https://ml.mageia.org/wwsympa-wrapper.fcgi/ticket/99256207104490

I got "confirmation" of subscription by this message: