[Mageia-sysadm] Tier1 Mirrors

Pascal Terjan pterjan at gmail.com
Wed May 4 22:02:00 CEST 2011

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 21:40, Olivier Thauvin
<nanardon at nanardon.zarb.org> wrote:
> * nicolas vigier (boklm at mars-attacks.org) wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> As we have a proposal for a new Tier1 mirror, we need to decide how many
>> tier1 mirrors we want. And maybe rules for minimal bw available on those
>> mirrors, and minimal refresh time.
>>
>> I think we can try to have one Tier1 mirror in :
>>  - europe
>>  - south america
>>  - asia
>>  - us
>>  - africa
>
> The goal was to limit the count of tier1 to avoid
> - big bandwidth usage to our providers
> - having a lot of mirrors to contact in case of change on our side.
>
> I don't see interest to have more primary mirror, especially in
> africa or asia.

Having better ones would be nice...
We currently have 3 tier1 mirrors, 2 of them have only 100Mbit and the
third one only syncs once a day so is useless.

In asia, people in asia who want to provide a mirror have to sync from
the chinese one which only have 100Mbit and is not primary

In south america syncing from Europe is awful, and there is no up to
date mirror in US, so I doubt we get much mirrors in America if we
don't get proper primary one...