[Mageia-sysadm] Databases down?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat May 28 10:32:24 CEST 2011

Le samedi 28 mai 2011 à 05:55 +0200, Wolfgang Bornath a écrit :
> At 03:50 UTC:
> For forums.mageia.org I receive a 503 and "Service Temporarily Unavailable"
> For bugs.mageia.org I receive an error message "Can't connect to the
> database. Error: could not connect to server: Connection refused"

Alamut rebooted, but the boot order of the service is the following :
- sympa
- postgresql
- puppet

the issue is that sympa is waiting on postgresql to start, and
postgresql start after sympa. Puppet should take care of that, but it is
not started yet.

Solution was to restart sympa and postgresql.

Long term solutions would be :
- non blocking start for sympa ( and splitted initscripts )
- proper deps on the script ( so postgresql is started before )
- switch to systemd ( that would start everything at the same time )

SO stuff should be up again, except for valstar and jonund, I will do a
mail about that on -discuss and -dev later.