[Mageia-sysadm] [Mageia-dev] [changelog] [RPM] cauldron core/release evolution-data-server-3.3.1.1-1.mga2

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Nov 7 11:58:36 CET 2011

Le dimanche 06 novembre 2011 à 22:12 +0100, Olivier Thauvin a écrit :
> * Pascal Terjan (pterjan at gmail.com) wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 12:06, Thomas Backlund <tmb at mageia.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Why not simply check for %
> > >
> > > It does not belong in the name.
> > >

> Since when a '%' is invalid in any name/provide/require ?
>
> The probability is low but not null to deny upload of a valid package. I
> already saw a package having files with '%' in their name...

The probability of having this being a breakage is higher, based on the
dataset composed of last year upload.

And we have exceptions for that ( even if as usual, people will discover
limitation too late despites mail sent asking for feedback ).

Now, we mush also take in account the list of authorized characters set
on a unix filesystem. For example, no package could be named
foo/bar.rpm , among others. And since every package can end on a dvd, we
also have the issue of naming respecting rockrige, joliet or iso9660
( already done by a check on filename limitation ).

I am not sure that we want to have a rpm named with weird unicode
chars.