[Mageia-sysadm] New hardware for mageia servers

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Oct 3 17:09:43 CEST 2011

Le lundi 03 octobre 2011 à 15:42 +0200, Damien Lallement a écrit :
> Le 02/10/2011 21:26, Thomas Backlund a écrit :
> > nicolas vigier skrev 1.10.2011 20:24:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> [...]
> > But one thing... How much rack space do we have available ?
>
> It remains 7U IIRC.

That mean we use 35 U for PLF ( 3 servers + scsi array and switch and
space for the mips buildhost ) + lea linux ( 1 server, like 2U, not sure
) + 4 mageia servers.

If we take 1 or 2 U to place the arm board ( depending on the
configuration we use to place it ), that let us between 5 or 6 U, and I
am not sure they are contiguous ( in fact, I am quite sure they aren't
).

Since I doubt that a server with lots of disk would be just 1 U, I think
this warrant looking more closely at the picture that we took for that
very precise reason.

We also need to take in account the number of power outlet used ( iirc,
we were already quite short last time, especially if we have redundant
alimentation ), and maybe the ethernet cable/connexion ( but I think our
switch is rather free, so that's ok ).

And also, there is only 4 ip addresses left for us by Lost Oasis
( unless we can ask for more, but I am not sure ), so 1 for fiona, 1 for
arm board, and 1 for the build server.