[Mageia-sysadm] Data mining our logs and data

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:43:13 CEST 2011

Hi there,

I'd like to collect quick first-view advice about
http://ietherpad.com/9aXB01IHPi - we wrote this doc with bmahe after
he proposed to help about the http://mageia.org/en/contribute/#data
role. He packaged BigTop for his own use in Mageia - see
https://www.mageia.org/pipermail/mageia-discuss/20110828/005096.html
and sounds like he would like to work on this. That would be cool
because we don't have yet anyone that can focus on this topic and make
it more attractive to a few others.

There are a few things to square before doing that (logs cleanup,
license, availability, how we collect/inject logs actually) and
starting with just a few web server logs would be a small, good enough
start.

Thanks!

Romain