[Mageia-sysadm] Initscripts - Migrating to git and regenerating mdkconf.patch and further Mageia tweaks.

Colin Guthrie mageia at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Oct 21 14:24:01 CEST 2011

'Twas brillig, and Thierry Vignaud at 21/10/11 11:45 did gyre and gimble:
> On 21 October 2011 11:41, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>> Now I don't *think* any of those branches were ours anyway, but I'm
>> somewhat paranoid I overwrote something important (of course git won't
>> actually remove anything until a garbage collect so it's still currently
>> recoverable I believe).
>>

>> Here is the full out put from my pushes.
>
> Don't you think attaching a file rather than pasting 1000+ lines of log
> woud be more friendly to other people?

It's only 700 lines not 1000+, and the mail would be the same size
regardless (well bigger with the header overhead of the attachment), so
I'm not sure why it's more considerate...

Also if you want to refer/quote to specific parts of the push (as I did
in my other reply) then including inline is better and more considerate.
This is pretty much common practice for patch reviews etc (to allow
inline quoting).

So it really depends on different peoples' definition of $CONSIDERATE.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
colin(at)mageia.org