[Mageia-sysadm] Copying packages from release to updates_testing

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Tue Sep 6 20:05:02 CEST 2011

Le mardi 06 septembre 2011 à 11:55 +0200, Samuel Verschelde a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> As was decided last week during packager meeting, we need to copy (or better,
> hardlink) packages from release to updates_testing when they are new
> dependencies to existing packages, or dependencies for packages added to
> Mageia 1 and that were not dependencies in Mandriva 2010.2.
>
> Doing it would allow to push a growing number of updates that are blocked at
> the moment.
>
> This is something only sysadmins can do at the moment, so how do you want to
> proceed ? Do you want the packager (or the QA team when missing deps are
> detected during testing) to give a list in the original bug report and assign
> the bug report to sysadmin-bugs ? Or do you plan to give the packagers a
> command in mgarepo to do that ?

Packagers should list them, we will manage to copy when needed.

A command to push delegated to QA would be good, but if no one write it
( and there is nothing magic, anybody could do it, since the only thing
that would change would be the path of the mirror, something that can be
added in a variable )