[Mageia-sysadm] [Mageia-dev] What's wrong with BS?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Mon Sep 19 15:16:41 CEST 2011

Le lundi 19 septembre 2011 à 14:45 +0200, Michael Scherer a écrit :
> Le lundi 19 septembre 2011 à 20:29 +0800, Funda Wang a écrit :
> > http://pkgsubmit.mageia.org/uploads/failure/cauldron/core/release/20110919121040.fwang.valstar.7596/log/botcmd.1316434263.ecosse.log
> >
> > It seems %distro_section is wrongly set?
>
> In a iurt chroot, that's ok.

So, the problem should be fixed now.

The root cause is the upgrade of puppet that started sooner than planned

For some reason, puppet 2.7.X was installed on rabbit.mageia.org since
the main node, valstar, was not upgraded first ( and so rabbit was
complainging about "post support" ). So I upgraded it after doing a
quick test on my vm to check if some problem would arise. I am running
it on my own servers since some time and didn't notice anything ( or
forgot ), so I went with the upgrade route.

However, just before the BS broke, I noticed that bcd.mageia.org was not
working anymore, due to a weird apache error. Then the build system
broke, and the website on valstar too ( like pkgsubmit, etc ), due to
the same error. Since buildsystem need apache to be running for package
installation, everything stopped working.

Since a problem never appear alone, the upgrade of puppet also broke our
svn hook that check puppet syntax, so I had to disable it, and to
migrate to the new scheme ( which make me wonder why it didn't explode
on my own servers ).

( and alamut was not broken due to a breakage in postgresql module that
prevented puppet from doing anything, so a breakage that prevented
another breakage. It is fixed now I think. )

The error was that before, in a puppet manifest, you could write :
$foo = "$bar-stuff"

and the content of $foo is $bar , with -stuff in the end
and now, that the content of bar-stuff variable.

So we have to use ${bar}-stuff.

So in the end, I guess that's my fault from not warning to not do a
version upgrade of puppet, sorry about that.