[Mageia-sysadm] is the svn server down?

Maarten Vanraes alien at rmail.be
Tue Apr 3 00:57:25 CEST 2012

Op maandag 02 april 2012 21:18:53 schreef Michael scherer:
> On Mon, Apr 02, 2012 at 07:57:23PM +0200, Maarten Vanraes wrote:
> > well, i would think that there's other monitoring warnings/criticals
> > rather than only failures regarding pkgsubmit...
>
> Then people should look at xymon.
> ( http://xymon.mageia.org/ ).

i knew the link, btw, but i didn't see any links to it from anywhere... so i
think people really have to search hard for it, maybe it's to be found in the
puppet files...

> If the smiley is happy, then it work. If it is unhappy, it doesn't work.
> There is also color code ( red == not working, green == working )
> for non colourblind people. Even a packager could understand them without
> much training.

thanks for thinking of colourblind people!

> > btw: the bad cable, was that an uplink one? you can also ask for a second
> > patch in that case. (but i'm sure you know)
>
> Unfortunately, our switch has only one uplink ( and no free port at all ).
> And is non manageable ( but I will ask for that for the zarb.org switch,
> once we find how to manage )

actually, i donno if this is a bad or good idea, but apparently there are some
places where you can get cheaper previously-used switches, so we don't have to
buy 2 switches for 6k EUR.

> And the main problem is that each time something break, it break :
> - during the night
> - on friday during the night
> - on friday during the night before a 2 week holidays

yes, but that's life :-). and after you fix this, it's always something else
that breaks too...