[Mageia-sysadm] perl modules shipped by mageia - the web site!

Jerome Quelin jquelin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 17:23:29 CEST 2012

On 12/04/05 16:30 +0200, nicolas vigier wrote:

> > > can you tell me when it's done?
> >
> > It's now on http://pkgcpan.mageia.org/stats/.

thank you very much!
on 2nd thought, i wonder whether the url is that good an idea.

in the future, i'd like to add some information on the available
modules, so that url  eg .../module/Math/Random/ will give some
information on the module (version shipped, package holding it with a
link to sofie) and list modules under this namespace (link to
.../module/Math/Random/ISAAC).

therefore, http://pkgcpan.mageia.org/stats/module/Math/Random/ or
http://pkgcpan.mageia.org/stats/Math/Random/ isn't really nice, is it?

in that case, wouldn't http://perl.mageia.org be a better url? which
would give http://perl.mageia.org/module/Math/Random/ which is way
better imo

note that my ideas are not yet very clear, and that i'm not a web
designer. so in fact, i'm really open on the content of the site as well
as how it should be laid out. not even speaking on design - but maybe
marcom would help on that. :-)

> By the way, I noticed that the page says "Mageia Linux ships ...", but
> the name of the distribution is "Mageia" not "Mageia Linux", so I think
> magpie needs to be updated to change this.

sure, i'll correct that. and now that i know that infra has its own it's
going to be easy to fix it & push a release. i'll fix that and tell you
when svn is updated.

oh, also, i forgot to tell you that you may want to add "-q" flag to the
command line, in order to have a quiet run, even when i'll add some
logging. so command line should read:

    magpie webstatic -q -d /path/to/where/you/want

-q is already supported, so it won't blow up. :-)

thank you very much once again,
jérôme