[Mageia-sysadm] BS broken by /usr move

Thierry Vignaud thierry.vignaud at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 22:36:24 CEST 2012

On 8 August 2012 15:10, Colin Guthrie <mageia at colin.guthr.ie> wrote:
>>> OK, seems to be behaving better now. I've submitted d-i-stage2 again.
>>> Fingers crossed!
>>>
>>> I just did the minimum needed here, I didn't change libs or bin paths
>>> etc. in dmraid or lvm2 packages, but this could probably be done and
>>> simplify the packaging. We likely also do not need static versions these
>>> days (I noticed a dmsetup-static and dmsetup.static) seeing as dracut
>>> takes care of mounting things in initrd and we do not support /usr
>>> mounts except when they are already mounted in the initrd.
>>
>> Here's another one:
>>   110/151: lockdev               warning: group lock does not exist - using root
>> ################################################ group lock does not
>> exist - using root
>> #######################
>
> Fixed also. The folder itself is already created via systemd's
> tmpfiles.d/legacy.conf so there is no runtime problem, just in chroots.

"just in chroots" also means the installer...

> Strange that the group lock does not exist tho', as it's added in the
> %pre... :s

Me wondering about a side effect of the chrooting?

BTW we still have a couple more /var/lock owners out:

$ urpmf /var/lock/
gkrellm:/var/lock/gkrellm
gnokii:/var/lock/gnokii
iptraf:/var/lock/iptraf
leafnode:/var/lock/news
rear:/usr/share/rear/skel/default/var/lock/subsys
uucp:/var/lock/uucp
vtun:/var/lock/vtund