[Mageia-sysadm] fail2ban module + jail for champagne

Romain d'Alverny rdalverny at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 11:58:25 CEST 2012

On Wed, Aug 29, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Romain d'Alverny <rdalverny at gmail.com> wrote:
> here are two patches, but not sure they're good to go, I need advice:
>  - first is a fail2ban module patch,
>  - second is a specific filter and jail for www current DOS - I'm just
> not sure how/where to push it into the puppet config.

Ok, getting it slowly:
 - jail-apache-dos-2012-mx.conf would go into a
/etc/fail2ban/jail.local specific to champagne; but where should I
declare it? not in manifests/nodes/champagne.pp I suppose?
 - filter-apache-dos-2012-mx.conf is more generic, but is likely to be
useful only for champagne; same, I'm not sure where to put it.