[Mageia-sysadm] Mageia mirror rsync not working

Stephan Wassipaul wassipaul at gmx.at
Thu Dec 20 00:49:00 CET 2012

Hey guys,

thanks a lot for providing a Mageia mirror. :)

Another mirror (fi.muni.cz) is using it for syncing, but unfortunately this is not working anymore since 2012-11-14. I attached you the email response I got from the administrators of this other mirror, as it includes the error they get. Could you maybe look into this? Should we advise to use another mirror for syncing?

We hope everything is OK.

Muchas gracias ya de antemano, y por favor disculpen que no escribo en español. Infelizmente no se las palabras de tecnologia necesarias en su idioma. :(

Best regards,
Stephan Wassipaul

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 12:23:47 +0100
Betreff: Re: Mageia mirror outdated - please fix

Hi,
I have received answer from the admin. Well, the contact should be
ftp-admin at fi.muni.cz

To the problem itself: they are receiving connection refused from upstream:
source rsync://ftp.LinuxCabal.org/Mageia/:

rsync: failed to connect to ftp.LinuxCabal.org (*inet_ntop failed*):
Connection refused (111)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(122)
[Receiver=3.0.8]

Should they use some alternative source?

Petos