[Mageia-sysadm] Replacing ecosse

nicolas vigier boklm at mars-attacks.org
Thu Jul 5 17:34:47 CEST 2012

Hello,

It is planned to travel to Marseille sometime soon to do a few things
on the servers :
https://wiki.mageia.org/en/Marseille_3

We also need to buy a new server to replace rabbit.

And while we are going to Marseille, it would be maybe a good time to
replace also ecosse :
- ecosse has problems with its disk controller. When adding new SSD in
  this server it was difficult to find 2 working ports. Because of this,
  we also have only one disk for the system (instead of 2 with raid1 on
  jonund)
- ecosse is taking 2U. We can probably replace it with a 1U server and
  save 1U.

Damien started looking at a server to replace ecosse, and will send a
proposal soon.

What do you think ?