[Mageia-sysadm] Pkg removal request

AL13N alien at rmail.be
Fri Jun 8 18:58:52 CEST 2012

Op vrijdag 8 juni 2012 13:52:30 schreef Sander Lepik:
> 08.06.2012 13:49, nicolas vigier kirjutas:
> > On Fri, 08 Jun 2012, Pascal Terjan wrote:
> >> Well there are some other cases
> >> - Package contains a security problem which will never get fixed
> >> - App has no way to ever work on future versions of the distro (due to
> >> being dependant on obsolete stuff)
> >>
> >> I think these are the case when task-obsolete is useful
> >
> > All software that we remove from the distribution may have security
> > problems in the future that won't get fixed. So I think we should
> > obsolete them. People who want to continue using them can still add
> > task-obsolete to /etc/urpmi/skip.list.
>
> In that case there should be easy way in GUI to skip this package. Is there?
> As i don't see normal users editing this file manually. They will pick
> another distro that will let them install packages they want.

it's not about installing, it's about removing. and imho, we shouldn't spend
resources to make something easy which would be unsupported anyway. If people
really want it, it's their responsibility for not following our guidelines.

let's be honest, people who don't know how to put this in to skip list, aren't
people who are gonna care about this.

that being said, i have no issue if people put this in skip list. except that
they should know what they do and don't complain if they get hacked.