[Mageia-sysadm] Forums, wiki and bugzilla down?

Michael Scherer misc at zarb.org
Sat Mar 24 13:37:23 CET 2012

Le samedi 24 mars 2012 à 12:22 +0100, Oliver Burger a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> I can't reach the forums, the wiki or the bugzilla.
> Alamut does answer to pings, so I think it's just the httpd being down?
>
> Could anyone have a look, thanks

This was the result of applying php updates, and it seems that apache
was not able to restart itself after it, and died silently. Usually,
that's the sign of some long running process blocking one single apache
process, thus blocking everything.

I guess revamping the whole system, either on rpm level ( ie, having non
breaking upgrade ), or on the organisation level ( like having specific
upgrade time and stick to it ) would prevent such problems in the
future, but I do not have hope for neither being adopted soon.

Puppet restarted it automatically so that's why the problem fixed
itself.